Paul Dauenhauer received a bachelor of science in chemical engineering and chemistry from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2004, and a Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Minnesota in 2008, where he was awarded a University Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship. His thesis on the reactive flash volatilization of carbohydrates for millisecond reforming of biomass was supervised by Professor Lanny D. Schmidt. From 2008 to 2009, Paul worked as a senior research engineer for the Dow Chemical Company within Core R&D Reaction Engineering in Midland, MI and the Hydrocarbons & Energy Department in Freeport, TX. In 2009, he joined the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Department of Chemical Engineering as an assistant professor. He is currently an associate professor at the University of Minnesota in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science.
- University of Minnesota, 2014.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2009
- Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI, 2008-2009.
- Dow Chemical Company, Freeport, MI, 2009.
- Cargill, Sweeteners, Wahpeton, ND, 2003.
- Cargill, Grain & Oilseeds, Gainesville, GA, 2002.
B.S., Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, 2004
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2008
- 2019 - Dept. of Energy, Top Ten EFRC Invention Award
- 2019 - Univ. of Minnesota COGS, Outstanding Advisor Award
- 2019 - Stratis V. Sotirchos Memorial Lectureship
- 2019 - ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship
- 2018 - AIChE CRE Young Investigator Award
- 2017 - Thiele Lecturer - Notre Dame
- 2016 - Rutherford Aris Award for Excellence in Reaction Engineering
- 2016 - Purdue University - Mellichamp Lecturer
- 2014 - Camille Dreyfus Teacher Scholar
- 2014 - Armstrong Career Development Professor
- 2013 - National Science Foundation, NSF- CAREER Award
- 2013 - DuPont Young Professor Award
- 2013 - AIChE Boston Mackerel Award
- 2013 - UMass College of Eng. - Outstanding Junior Faculty Award
- 2011 - Department of Energy, DOE - Early CAREER
- 2011 - 3M Young Faculty Award
- 2008 - Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship
- 2004 - Dahlke Engineering Scholarship
- 2003 - National Starch Scholarship
- 1999-2003 - Academic Excellence Scholarship - State of Wisconsin
- 1999 - John Philip Sousa Award